Protecting Our Clients’ Rights And Futures

I-751 Pending??? You may be eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship.

On Behalf of | Mar 15, 2023 | Firm News

If you have an I-751 application to remove the conditions on a two-year conditional permanent residence card pending based on your marriage to a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to also apply for U.S. citizenship.

USCIS is reporting an average wait time of 15-26 months to adjudicate form I-751. But if you have been a permanent resident for three years (including as a conditional resident), and are still married and living with your U.S. citizen spouse, you are eligible to file form N-400 to naturalize to become a U.S. citizen. You can have both applications pending at the same time. It may even speed up the processing time for your I-751 application.

If you have questions or want more information, please call us at (727) 471-0677.